Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas in Pictures

Christmas Eve

My cousin and uncle put up these lights on Grandma and Grandpa's fence. The house is still empty from when my grandpa passed away 1 1/2 years ago.  It did bring us some good memories.
 Every year it seems that our Christmas Eve PJ party gets smaller.  But this year Kayla got to join in on the fun.  Yes, I'm 40 and my mom still gets me Christmas Pj's and I love it and yes, we still take a photo.  I think this might be the last one.  I've decided I'm starting a new tradition next year; Christmas in Hawaii.
I loved that Christmas fell on Sunday.  The speakers at church were wonderful and the music was absolutely beautiful. One of my favorite surprises was when Tristen and her family joined us at church.
I didn't receive many gifts this year, because I didn't need anything.  Everything I received though I thoroughly loved.  A shirt, pewter salad tongs and my very first 1/2 carat diamond in the form of a necklace.  Crazy that I got my first diamond from my parents and Tony at the age of 40.  But it is so special to me and I couldn't be more grateful.  I don't even want to take it off.  I especially love that the chain is adjustable.

My aunt gave me a very special gift this year.  She took this picture of my grandpa which was taken when he visited me at the hospital when I was so very sick and made me an apron with the shirt that he was wearing.  I absolutely love it and can't wait to hang it in my kitchen.
Christmas is such fun with these kids and their imaginations.

No comments:

Post a Comment