Thursday, February 10, 2011

Life...

Today I had a 4th year med student work with me. It was very fun. He was this really tall burly black dude. He was super funny. I asked him how he got to where he was. I loved his answer. He said, "Life is about figuring out what you are good at." He wasn't ashamed to admit that he was a smart black kid. I thought that was great. It was funny when I asked him if he was okay with doing a pelvic exam. His answer, "I can work a speculum." I was laughing. What man says that? One with confidence. So I was thinking what has life taught me. I would say today I learned to be grateful for unanswered prayers. I have my reasons behind this that I won't be sharing, but I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life so much lately which brings me happiness. How grateful I am for hard lessons that help me to grow. I must admit that it is best when I am able to look back on difficult times to see the growth I have experienced, even though when I am going through the challenge it isn't pleasant.

I have to admit that I see change coming. A few weeks ago I was talking to my co-worker and I was telling her that I felt that something good was about to happen and that I just need to have a little more patience. And today when I was talking to a friend I was telling her the same thing. It's not like I have prayed for anything specific like moving home or changing jobs, but that I just feel something coming. I think that is probably how Heavenly Father prepares us. She told me that she had that same experience when her and her husband felt it was time to move to Charlotte.

I really had a great day today. We weren't super busy and I had great nurses. I must admit, it did help that I got a surprise text which brightened my day and messed with my focus, but it was worth it! Enough said...

1 comment: