Sunday, February 13, 2011

LOVE


I love my ward. I love the people in my ward. I love my callings in both the RS presidency and as the organist. But what I love the most about Sundays and my ward are the children. I have been blessed to be surrounded with such special spirits, who are so close to our Heavenly Father. I marvel at the reverence that our young men have as they prepare and pass the sacrament. How they so gently pass it to each of us so that we can participate in the Atonement. I love to be able to get to church early to play prelude to help bring the spirit to those young men as they prepare for the most important part of my week. I love sitting with my ward family, specifically my bishops family. They never let me sit alone, which I 'm grateful for. Who wants to sit alone? I feel that I am part of a very special family when I go to church. Each are so different and there is so much diversity in our ward, but when we are there we are one. The love that I see each Sunday by those concerned for others is amazing. I have learned a very special thing over the past three years. I have learned love. I learned this lesson during my first calling in the family ward in the scouts. I learned then that I can love other mothers children. I often wonder why, why I didn't learn this lesson with my own children. I recall my mother telling me once that you will never love someone else's children as much as you love your own. I have never had children, but I must say that my mother is wrong. I love these kids. I would do anything for them. I love when I don't have to conduct or teach when I get to hold a special spirit so fresh from Heaven, while their mother does their calling in primary. As I held one of these choice spirits today I thought what a valiant child he must be as he was saved for today when the forces of evil are in such force. My eyes watered as I thought of what he will be and what he was sent here to do. I don't think I have ever seen this child sleep, but he fell asleep in my arms. His mom says that he doesn't do that. I call it the Terah Touch. The first time he laughed I was holding him, his mother couldn't believe it. We have a lot of boys in our ward, but we also have a few girls in our ward. These are some very sweet girls. I love them. There is one whose name is Katie. Her mother and I serve in the RS presidency together. I love each Sunday when Katie comes up to me and calls me Sister Young and gives me a hug. I am truly blessed to be able to be surrounded by such special spirits that have taught me the most important lesson of all, LOVE.(ps. Katie wasn't in this picture, not quite sure where she was, but I'll have to catch her next week.)

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! And the pictures all turned out GREAT! =)

    ReplyDelete