Saturday, January 7, 2012

3 Month Vacation's Coming To A Close

My 3 month slightly unwanted vacation is coming to a close.  This has been a time for me to gain 4 pounds, spend more than enough time on pinterest, and let me realize how much I love working.  I once had 5 1/2 months off between jobs and said I'd never do it again, but this time around has been rather pleasant. This time I'm not alone in a place that I don't know well and this time it's been around the holidays, instead of a hot, humid summer.  It really has been fun to not have any responsibility, deadlines, or early mornings, however that just isn't me.  I like responsibility, knowing someone is relying on me to fix their aliment, and looking forward to a much needed day off where I get a lot accomplished in a short 12 hour time span.  I will admit however that I'm not really a morning person, but come Monday morning I better become one.  They say it only takes 6 weeks to develop a new routine.  Lets hope it only takes 6 days or it will be a long 6 weeks.
It's not like I haven't done anything in the past 3 months.  I really have.  In the last 3 month I have taken 2 trips to SLC, shopped for and found a gym, gone to lunch with girlfriends, talked on the phone a lot to handsome NC man, tried new recipe's, spent lots of time with nieces and nephews, my cousin Alisha, my sisters, my mom, and my grandma's, read some and wasted only a little time looking at blogs ok, maybe a little more than a little time.  I wish I'd have done more crafty stuff, but when the crafty stuff is in a storage unit it's nonsense to buy more stuff, when you know you have it somewhere in a box.
I'm sure come March I will be ready for a vacation, especially after flu season, but maybe since we have had a spring like winter, flu season will skip us.  I must admit it has been nice to have December temperatures in the 50's.  But it would have been nice if the ski resorts were open, but nice temps=no snow.  Think of all the skiing I could have done in the past 3 months.
So for today and tomorrow I will read and maybe find something crafty to do and tomorrow I will enjoy one more day of sleeping in 'til 8am.

No comments:

Post a Comment