Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Day

We woke up to a few inches of snow this morning!  It wasn't suppose to start snowing until after our morning commute, but we got us a little surprise.  There is something about waking up to a fresh blanket of snow and even better to see large snowflakes falling from the sky sideways since we had us a lovely wind to top it off.  I was a bit skeptical about driving my first time in Idaho snow since it has been a very long time, however I did just fine and so did Betty.  We only slid a few times, but since we were only going 5 MPH we didn't go far.  I love watching the snow fall from the sky while I sit in a warm building.  It's so magical.  Our poor clinical administrator tried to keep the sidewalks clear, but at the rate the snow was falling I think by noon she gave up.  It was fine, since we didn't really see many patients this morning.  I did enjoy the at least 6 inches of snow until it turned to rain.  The snow didn't really melt, but is now heavy, especially when I was shoveling Tristens driveway.  It was a great workout and something different as I went slipping and sliding on her inclined driveway.  I was lucky to make it up the driveway this evening when I returned home to her garage, where Betty is safe and sound for the night.  I've been staying at Tristens this week since her husband is out of town on business.  Its nice too because it isn't far from work.  Now that we have snow in our mountains and the fact that it is suppose to snow up there for the next 3 days, I think I'm getting kind of excited for a ski trip sometime in the near future.

1 comment: