Saturday, January 14, 2012

Finally Working

I think I'm going to really love my new job.  The people are so nice and the company seems to be highly respected by the community.  I have had a great amount of training this week and have 1 more to come before being set free.  Yesterday was my first day in clinic.  It was great not having to spend my entire day doing pelvics or dealing with chronic pain and drug seekers.  When I told patients that their symptoms were related to a virus they didn't demand antibiotics.  Yes there were a few quirky things, but for the most part it was a great day.  It is weird to me that they don't have disposable suture kits and I can actually give samples to patients, but these are little things that I can get use to.  It is also great that I don't really have to carry a pen because everything I do is electronically stamped with my signature.  The EMR system is the easiest I have yet had to learn, even though there is a lot I still need to learn.  I'm sure every day won't be great, but the stress level of urgent care is much less than the ER.  I love working only 3 days a week and I even have my schedule almost 3 months out.  Give me a few months and I'll feel like I fit right in.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear the new job is working out! And glad to hear that excitement back in your voice, too. Sounds like you should be planning a Spring visit to NC. Amelie's awaits. =)
    - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already planning it. Can't wait for some humidity.

    ReplyDelete