1. I love making steel cut oats, but they are so time consuming. However I learned a new way of making them this week and am a huge fan. It doesn't take but a few minutes each night and I'm not rushed in the mornings. Here is the secret that you can do just before you go to bed, to have a delicious breakfast...
2 Cups Water, 1/2 Cup Steel Cut Oats, a dash of salt and cinnamon if you like. Bring to boil and boil for 1 minute, cover and shut off the burner. In the morning fluff oats and warm them up for a few minutes. In the morning I add berries, walnuts and almond milk and eat a boiled egg and walla I have a fantastic, health and easy breakfast!
2. Friday night Tenielle and I went to Pizza Limone for dinner. They had a delicious lemon vinaigrette, so of course I had to recreate it because you know my love for lemon's...
Juice from 1 lemon, a few squirts of Dijon mustard, a drizzle of olive oil, 1-2 tsp of sugar and 1/2 tsp garlic. Whisk and serve on practically everything! I've been putting this on a lot of salad's this week.
3. Before I flew out of SLC Friday night, I spent a few hour's visiting with my friend's Shelley and Matt (remember I met them in CLT and then visited them in NYC 3 times and now they live in SLC). I love those dear friends of mine. I'm so happy that Heavenly Father directed me to CLT so that I could meet so many amazing people. It was nice to come HOME to warmer temps for sure late that night.
4. Sunday Deborah had me over for dinner. It is always fun to spend time with her and her family. She has the cutest 9 year old who is a natural at gymnastics and who can do the splits! They made the most delicious homemade lemonade and juice from tangelos from of course their tree's in the backyard.
5. Deborah gave me a bag of lemons from her lemon tree. I've definitely put them to good use this week.
6. I started my new part-time/float job this week in Goodyear, which is a small community on the west/south side of Phoenix! I'm loving it so far!
7. Mr. J needed my expert advice this week, so I made a house call. It was nice to have a conversation with just him and I (he didn't have the kid's) in his home. I'm glad that in some small way I influenced him for good.
8. Yesterday my friend Ofa and I went on an awesome hike; Shaw Butte. I love hiking, especially with friends who I lose myself in conversation with, making the tough parts of the hike not so tough. Before I know it we are to the top of the mountain and on our way down. And it was an awesome 75 degree "winter" day.
9. My phone literally died after our hike yesterday. Luckily the Apple Store had a new iPhone 6 in stock. I'm a little sad to leave my simple phone behind, but I'm told a smart phone will make me feel even smarter than I already think I am; (i'm not really smart).
10. My muscles are hating me this week...I took about a month off from lifting, you know that happens in December. I hate feeling sore, but am ready to see some drastic results. Dr. C told me it is just fine to lift as much as I want, my mom believes otherwise. I feel great when I lift weights.
No-Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
8 hours ago