Thursday, January 29, 2015

Try This Smoothy

I just had a very yummy smoothy for lunch that I threw together with what I had on hand.  It was surprisingly delicious...

1 Cup Skim Milk
A few handfuls of kale/spinach mix, the more the merrier!
1/4 frozen banana
A handful of frozen blueberries
1 T of crunchy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Chocolate Protein Powder
Total Calories 348 and Total Protein 32 grams

I probably could have reduced my calories and protein by not adding the Peanut Butter (or maybe just using 1 tsp), but I'm Peanut Butter loving gal!  And sometimes a girls gotta have her combo of chocolate and Peanut Butter the healthy way!

Tonight for dinner I'm making Mels Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burritos.  I've had something similar at a vegetarian restaurant which was delicious.  We shall see how this turns out.  I think I'll add spinach and kale as well.  Gotta get those greens in!

And now I'm off to work off some of these calories at the gym...It's lifting day!

I'm loving today...half day of work and the rest of the day is for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment