Sunday, October 7, 2012

4 States in 1 Day


Our last day of vacation was Friday.  It was rather relaxing.  We drove along the Maine coast line, but had a hard time seeing the ocean behind all of the trees.  We did stop for a few minutes.  I love the beach.  This beach reminded me of Hilton head because of the hard sand.  My camera caught some great shots.  There were huge shells on the beach.
We stopped at a few stores including a Crate and Barrel outlet, but since I didn't have much room in the ole suitcase I couldn't really purchase anything.  We drove to what was suppose to have the best lobster rolls in NH, but they were just ok.  The one I had earlier in the week was to die for.
We stopped at some ice cream stand on the street, which had delicious pumpkin and coconut ice cream.  We had been saying we were going to get ice cream every day and were always too full after dinner.  We found a Charming Charlies in Massachusetts where we spent over 2 hours there.  I bought some great jewelry.  I love that store and so did Jenny.  It was her first time and I think she thought I was joking when I said I usually spend 2 hours there. Yes, we found another Panera Bread and I was in heaven with my Chicken Fugi Apple salad and Vegetable Pesto soup!  We got stuck in bad traffic outside of Boston, but eventually made it to Connecticut where we had to stop one more time for Dunkin Donuts.  I actually didn't eat my smashed Boston cream donut until I was on the plane.  It was so flat from my computer laying on it, but delicious as ever.  We got up yesterday morning at 4am to catch our early flight which got us to SLC by 1030.
 It was nice to have the day to listen to conference and hear the announcement that guys can go on missions at 18 and girls at 19.  I don't know how I feel about that but I support the church.  There is a new all you can eat pizza, salad, and pasta restaurant in Bountiful that we went to for dinner, even though I wanted a home cooked meal.  It really was pretty good, especially the dessert pizza.  The pizza crust had a sweet taste to it and was about the best I've had.  Afterwards the boys went to the Priesthood session and we went to Ladies Night at Deseret Book and Sams.  Today we will watch conference and I will drive home and start reality tomorrow.  I think I've had enough vacation for a while.  Reality and Routine are nice, but so is vacation.
 I loved these sayings...and the wall behind Tony.

No comments:

Post a Comment