Friday, October 19, 2012

Autumn FF

Autumn is here and is rather fabulous indeed!  I remember Autumn as being cold here in Idaho when I was growing up.  Well folks, it's still warmer than normal here and I love it.  It really feels like Autumn (instead of Fall).  Fall to me sounds like getting ready for Winter, which I am so not a fan of if you haven't figured that out by now.
1.  While Troy and Becky went on an elk hunt earlier this week, we watched all four kids.  We all needed to get out of the house so we, well some of us Gavin, Beckett, Tristen, Aidree, Dad and I took a trip to our friends apple orchard.  The weather was beautiful and since it had rained earlier that morning I figured I could wear my new pink rain boots, even though my feet were rather hot by the time I was finished and I really didn't need them, but enjoyed wearing them anyway.  The trees were covered with beautiful apples and within 30 minutes all of our boxes and baskets were full and we had no more space for any more apples except for our tummys.
2.  Of course since we had all of our apples, we spent a day this week canning apples and applesauce.  We only got through half of the apples, so of course next week we'll have another canning day.
About the cutest 1 year old ever!
 3.  Last night I went to my first ever BSU Dept. of Kinesiology yearly reception in the ever so lovely Skybox that over looks the city of Boise.  The view and especially the sunset were beautiful.  Tristen came with me and we had a lovely time eating heavy hor dourves and dessert.  The best part was seeing my college advisor who helped me become the record holder of 34 or was it 36 academic adjustments and who helped me become the first person to graduate with a Health Promotion degree from BSU.  She would hardly let go of me and I think she hugged me at least 6 times.  Not all college professors are cold hearted.  It had been at least 10 years since I've seen her.  I also ran into a PA who works at the Student Health Center, where I had done a years internship, who went to the same PA school I went to and let me know she was retiring in 1 year and that I would maybe be able to fill her position when she leaves.  From day one I've thought it would be so fun to work there.  We shall see what the future holds.  We came home with an awesome BSU mug of candy, those were the booby prizes, needless to say our tickets didn't get drawn for the big prizes.  I never win anything.
4.  Sunday I went to my ward for the first time since the end of August, not because I'm in active but because of working Sundays and vacationing.  Of course I only went to RS, because I went to Tanners friends homecoming and my cousins farewell.  The meetings were all so good.  I sure miss my normal Sundays.
5.  It's sugar beet harvest season.  On my way to Lowes this morning I saw the fields being harvested and really should have taken a picture, but on my way home this afternoon I passed the Sugar Beet Factory.  Lots and Lots of sugar beets.  The smell is just starting up, lets just say it doesn't smell like sugar.



6.  Today was filled with breakfast with the sisters that I VT, a meeting for Super Saturday, a little shopping for Super Saturday with a 60% off coupon to Jo-Anns and lunch with mom, cousin Alisha and Aunt Carol.  It has been a good while since I've not had plans on a Friday night.  After my evening jog, I have a movie from red box, some crafts at my finger tips, new issues of North Carolina's Our State and Southern Living and the house all to myself should be a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment