Thursday, October 4, 2012

Lighthouses, Lobster, L.L.Bean



Today was a continuation of yesterday, but worse...LOTS and LOTS of rain.  Actually it was mostly just a misty drizzle, with occasional busts of rain, but no heavy downpours.  In fact this morning, I ran a comb through my hair and stuck it back in a barrette, because why spend time trying to straighten it when its just going to curl up.  I love easy hair days.  This morning we got our ticket for our lighthouse tour through Casco Bay and then had an hour or so that we were able to walk around Portland, ME, in the rain of course.  We wanted great views of the lighthouses, so we sat up on the top deck, only to go downstairs half way through when the boat turned around and the wind and rain smacked us in the faces.  It was pretty foggy, kind of in a spooky kind of way, but we were still able to see what we went there to see.  I learned that fisherman can't catch a lobster until it is so many inches long, meaning they are usually about 7 years old.

 For lunch we shared a lobster plate, well actually I got it but we all ate from it.  Mom also got some calamari.  Keep in mind we went to the Portland Lobster Co. on the waters edge, not some fancy sea food restaurant.  The lobster plate was rather tasty, until we cracked into the body of the lobster and there was so much fish crap, Jenny was done with it.  I just dug it out, washed out and ate it.  Yummy!
 Earlier in the day we had passed a French Bakery, so we had to return for our something sweet after lunch.  Jenny and I shared a delicious pumpkin cheesecake.  What I loved most about it was it wasn't too sweet or cheesecake tasting; very light and scrumptious.  We finished our down town shopping all products Bali, where I got a hair clip, some earrings and a ring.  Fun stuff.
 This afternoon we spent time at the incredibly huge L.L. Bean, meaning the headquarters.  Did you know they are open 365 days a year 24 hours a day?  Remember the 2012 goals?  I wanted to get a pair of rain boots, well I got them today a pink pair in the kids section at L.L. Bean size 3.  I think the sales lady was quite surprised when I slipped them onto my little foot.  It will be fun to get them in the mail next week, thanks to their free shipping.
After a long day of of shopping, being tourists, looking for a Friendly's and GPS Jack led us to two false Friendly's, we luckily landed ourselves smack dab in front of a PANERA!  We were so happy we could hardly stand ourselves.  I haven't had Panera since April.  I love Panera and so does Jenny.  I think we might just have to find another one before going back to the West Coast.  By the way, I'm still looking for my moose...

No comments:

Post a Comment