Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Covered Bridges, Waterfalls, & Peak Colors For Leaf Peepers

This morning we woke to a fabulous breakfast made by our host Phylis.  The sun was shining brightly, which made the peak colors of the leaves enjoyable for the leaf peepers.  Remember that we didn't have service last night, at one point I was able to get a call through to dad, but he couldn't hear me.  Well, dad and Tenielle were totally freaked out the entire night because they couldn't get a hold of us.  We didn't actually have cell service until 10am, good thing we got it, because Tenielle was just about to call the police commissioner.  Today we enjoyed the best colors, lots of country side and some beautiful waterfalls.  We went up and down the White Mountains and around and through the White Mountains via the Kancamagus highway, which is suppose to be one of the best scenic byways of New Hampshire.  It didn't disappoint either, except the attempted moose sightings.  
We hiked to two different waterfalls that were both absolutely beautiful and amazing that pictures would never do them justice.  
We drove through several darling towns and found a few more covered bridges.  
I've been on the search for moose my entire trip.  This is the closest that I've come to seeing a real live moose.
We shoved so much into the day.  We even spent some time shopping at an April Cornel Outlet, the only one in the country where I bought a jacket and a nightgown.  We also spent plenty of time at Talbots outlet, not a clearance outlet like in CLT, but almost good enough!  I hope we can get all we have purchased into our suitcases for the ride home!  I had the best lobster roll for lunch today.  The last time I had one was when Tenielle and I went to Cape Cod over 10 years ago.  My lobster roll was divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment