Wednesday, October 3, 2012

New Hampshire Lakes

This morning we woke to the unfortunate rain.  It really is pretty, but makes for some wet shoes, dirty pant legs and too much time in the car for tourists, but we made the best of it.  Our first stop, DUNKIN DONUTS.  Not like I ever went there but a few times when I lived in the south, but they are on every corner on the east coast and I love them, even though they make my belly ache, so we stopped off and bought us breakfast.  We also enjoyed some cider that we bought a few days ago which was delicious.  We did have some lovely views of several lakes including the biggest New Hampshires Lake Winnipesaukee.  We stopped off at a few country stores, lake stores and quilting shops  Lunch was at a cute diner in Wolfeforo which was all decked out in Boston Red Sox decor.  
I loved the bar stools at the diner, totally vintage.  I had some delicious chili, which was perfect for a rainy day. 
 On our way out of New Hampshire towards Maine we came across a beautiful small lake with reflexions of the leaves.  Of course I had to stop for pictures.  Tonight we had clam chowder in Portland, Maine.  Tomorrow were going all out and having lobster.  






No comments:

Post a Comment