Sunday, March 30, 2014

Testimony

Yesterday as I drove to the temple, as I sat in the temple and this morning as I woke, I've repeated my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ over and over again in my mind.  And so I share it with you...

I testify that am a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father who knows me individually.  He knows me, loves me and is aware of my every needs.  I was reminded of this every time I had a priesthood blessing  when I was suffering through cancer and chemo.  I testify that the priesthood is the power to act in Gods name.  I'm grateful for worthy priesthood holders in my life who were able to bless me in my time of need; my dad, brothers, friends, cousins and uncles.  Yesterday as I rounded the hall in the temple I saw myself in a full length mirror dressed in white.  I saw a daughter of God who has great potential; I saw a covenant keeper, a sister, a daughter, an aunt, and a friend.  I testify of His love for each of his children and that we are literal children of a Heavenly Father.

I testify that a 14 year old boy Joseph Smith questioned our Heavenly Father regarding which church was true.  As he read James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God..., he put forth his faith to know for himself.  I testify that after praying to God, that he saw our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ in a grove of tree's in Palmyra, NY on a Spring morning in 1820.  I testify the restored gospel was brought forth to the latter days through Joseph Smith.  I testify that he was a true prophet.  I testify that we have a living day prophet, President Thomas S. Monson.  I testify that he talks with our Heavenly Father through prayer and receives instructions for us in these latter days.

I've come to know the Atonement in a way that I never imagined over the past 10 months.  I testify that the Atonement is more than just for sin.  I testify that in the Garden of Gethsemane Jesus Christ also atoned for our heartaches, our sorrows, our disappointments, and our physical and emotional illnesses.

I testify that our Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers in His own timing and His own ways as he sees fit for us.  I don't know how He hears all prayers, but I testify that He does hear them.  I love the scripture, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not into thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths."

I testify that the Book Of Mormon is true.  That it is Another Testament of Jesus Christ.  I testify that by reading from its pages daily we will become closer to our Heavenly Father, that through these pages we will find answers to our prayers.

I testify of the blessings of paying an honest and full tithe.  I have seen these blessings come into my life over and over again as I have faithfully obeyed this commandment.

I testify that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the one and only true church on this earth.  I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Loved your testimony, thank you for writing it down for us to read!!

    ReplyDelete