Thursday, May 8, 2014

World Ovarian Cancer Day

It's hard for me to believe that it has been nearly 1 year since being diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer.  It seriously has been quite the year for sure.  I'm grateful to be alive, for the amazing medical team that took such great care of me and for the many prayers said in my behalf.  I'm ever to my family, friends for supporting me through the ordeal and for my Heavenly Father for answering prayers.

I still have plans to be an advocate for Ovarian Cancer.  My big plans have been put on the back burner for the past few months, but I hope not for much longer.  I talk as much as I can to patients and others about ovarian cancer and hope that someone may benefit from my discussions.

I feel humbled to be among amazing women throughout the world who have both won and lost to ovarian cancer.

 
My symptoms included urinary frequency, a mass in my left lower abdomen and horrible lower back pain.  I never had the other symptoms.
Teal from ears to toes!

2 comments:

  1. You look amazing!! You'd never guess what a rough year you've just had. Your smiling face makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone that knows you is so grateful for the girl they see in that picture, teal from head to toe!! Love Aunt L PS have a great time in Idaho!!!!

    ReplyDelete