Saturday, September 15, 2012

Beach and PCC

This morning instead of my usual healthy steal cut oats, I had half of a chocolate frosted croissant that I got from Ted's Bakery last night.  They had this bag of baked goods for $5.50 as it was the end of the day. 

I'm a sucker for baked goods, I think I take after my mom in that aspect.  It was delicious.  By 9am we were out the door and headed to the Turtle Bay Resort which has a nice beach.  I continued to enjoy the sun and my Pickle book, while Tony and Chris did some snorkeling.  We had us a short rain storm where we huddled under an umbrella and then back into the sun.  I'm pretty sure the sun is hotter here, because I can't seem to stay out in it all day like I can in Idaho.

 After a while we went home to shower.  I don't know why we do this, because an hour later we are hot and sweaty again.  In between the beach and the PCC we listened to the BSU game.  I'm sure glad they won this one.  Hopefully they will win on Thursday against BYU, given that BYU lost to Utah today, I think we will do just fine.  We enjoyed a full day at the PCC (Polynesian Cultural Center).  It was really nice that Chris has friends who got us in for free and we only had to pay $30 for our meal.





We watched all of the programs from each country except for Hawaii, because of time.  We enjoyed the river parade as well.  My favorite was Samoa and Tonga; the guy's were hilarious and made me want to get a coconut.  Of course the coconut tree climbing man was pretty cool too.  The food at the Luau was ok.  I think we were so hot and tired we weren't really that hungry. Here is a picture of Tony's plate.

 I didn't even get dessert, because I filled up on pineapple which made my tongue a little sore, but it was so yummy.  The night program Circle of Life was pretty awesome.  The fire baton guys are out of this world.  Of course it isn't quite 10 and again, I'm just about to crawl into bed.  I really am more tired on vacation than working 12 hour shifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment