Thursday, September 20, 2012

Last Day In Hawaii

Today was our last day of our relaxing vacation in Hawaii and by far my favorite day.  We had full intentions this morning of spending the entire day at the beach, but as soon as we got in the car our plans changed.  First off we found a store that we bought a few souvenirs.  We then stopped off at Fine Ass, or Donkey balls, where we got some flaky balls, otherwise known as chocolate/coconut covered macadamia nuts.  Tony had been wanting to go there the entire trip.  We enjoyed the scenery as we continued to head West.  I'm a professional picture taker while in driving motion.  Wait until you see some of my cool pictures from the road.  Our car drove us next to the Macadamia Nut Factory Outlet, where we spent at least an hour.  There we tried many different kinds of macadamia nuts and coconut chocolate peanut butter (which was delicious and I bought a small bottle for $8.00).  Outside the store they had a huge bin of macadamia nuts where we could sit them on a rock and hit them with another rock and eat all we wanted.  I loved this part.  We got to pick a banana off a tree, which was super yummy, a first for me for sure. 
This afternoon was my favorite part of the entire trip.  We went snorkeling at a place called Sharks Cove where I've never seen so many different fish.  We literally swam with schools of fish, all shapes, sizes, and colors.  I saw one that was black with lots of little white polka dots.  Another was white with thick black stripes.  My favorite were the BSU fish that were blue and orange, of course they were cheering for BSU!  The water was perfect, the views were picturesque, and it felt like Heaven.  As I enjoyed this I thought of how we couldn't have had all of these creations without our loving Heavenly Father. 
By this time BSU and BYU were well into their game, thankfully we didn't miss anything.  We headed to a local bar and grill where we enjoyed watching the second half of the game which wasn't all that exciting, but at least BSU came away with the win. 
On our way back home we stopped by Ted's, not for pie, because we are all pied out, but for a crab sandwich.  They are so yummy.  I ate half and will eat the other half for breakfast.  We finished our night by going back to Angels, where I had another pina colada ice cream and a few bites of Tony's shaved ice. 
I've packed an extra box and my pretty much empty suitcase that I brought.  I hope I can get all of the chocolate macadamia nuts that are still in the refrigerator into my suitcase.  We have had a wonderful vacation full of relaxation, beautiful scenery, delicious food, enjoyable conversations, waking up to rain storms, lots of sweating, sun and unplanned moments.  Tomorrow will definitely be a let down.  It will be back to work for a week and then another vacation.  Come October I'll be planning my next vacation of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment