Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Temple, Snorkling, and Cliff Jumping

This morning Tony and I took in a session at the Temple.  It is a beautiful temple indeed. I had an enjoyable time and felt the spirit.  We then went to Angels where I had the most delicious pina colada ice cream I have ever had, with a little shaved ice on top.  I almost wish it hadn't have been the kiddie size because it was really yummy.  We enjoyed some down time waiting for our friends to get out of class and work, so I did some reading.  Today I finished Stargirl and started 17 Second Miracle.  There is something about reading and the beach that I absolutely love.  What I took away from Stargirl is that I need to do more secretive charitable acts; a lot more.  They bring so much happiness to all involved.
We did some Laie beach hopping today.  All of which were beautiful.  Tony, Rachel and Chris snorkeled over to an island while I read, watched them to make sure they didn't drown, and enjoyed the sights and sounds of high tide.  At another beach Tony and Chris did the unthinkable and jumped from some crazy high cliffs into the ocean.  I caught it all on video if I could figure out how to post it I would.  The water there was so blue, yet clear and the views were breath taking.  The last beach was called Pounders and for good reason indeed.  The waves were awesome and Tony and Chris each came away with a battle wound or two from the waves pounding them into the sand.  Have you ever had Ono?  It's a fish and I had a Ono fish sandwich that my taste buds enjoyed.  It really was another very relaxing day.  It has been fun to not have a plan, but to just take each day as it comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment