Thursday, February 6, 2014

Storms

Today was a rather slow day at work, which gave me time to sit and talk with my nurses and another provider about what I have gone through over the past 8 months.  As I look back it is almost mind boggling that I actually went through what I went through and actually made it out alive.  I still can't believe I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer at such a young age, hospitalized for 15 days, had an NG Tube twice, spent 6 1/2 months with an ileostomy, went through 6 rounds of chemo, lost my hair and am now healthy, in remission and back to work.  I came across this quote tonight which for me say's it all...

"And once the storm is over you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive.  You won't even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over.  But one thing is certain.  When you come out of the storm you won't be the same person you walked in.  That's what this storm is all about."  Haruki Murakami

1 comment:

  1. The whole thing is amazing. we're all so happy your on the other side of the storm!! Love the quote!! Love al

    ReplyDelete