Monday, February 10, 2014

Tears=Strong

"A strong person is not the one who doesn't cry.  A strong person is the one who cries and sheds tears for a moment, then gets up and fights again."

I love this quote.  I've never really been a crier.  I actually hate to cry.  But I admit, I did a lot of crying when I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer.  I had a reason to cry for goodness sake.  Sometimes I would cry for a few minutes and sometimes it would drag on for an hour or so.  Mom would often threaten me with a pill when I cried too long.  It was then that I  would dry my tears quickly, because I didn't want to be reliant on a pill (ativan).  I often would cry when things settled down for the night and got quiet.  I would cry when we would read the quote for the day or my scriptures, especially when the subject was on faith and trials, or during prayer when someone would pray for me.

But being the strong person that I am I would shed tears for a moment and the next morning get up and fight.  I'm a fighter, always have been, always will be.  I'm so glad that I fought through the last 8 months, fought through surgery's, hospital stays, losing my hair and chemo side effects.  I'm a fighter and a crier and guess what, it's okay, because I'm a strong person!

P.S.  I'm glad the crying sessions are over!

1 comment:

  1. Its so important to cry when you need to, I'm glad you do. You are a very strong person and I'm so glad because you are still fighting through the pain in your hands and feet. Life isn't perfect for you but because you are strong and a fighter, you endure the pain and get through each day with as much joy and wonder that you can!! I love that!!

    ReplyDelete