Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Birthday Morning Celebration Of Ice Crystals

I've been waiting for this morning for weeks; a morning that I have off and the ice crystals are out.  This morning was the morning.  I think they came out to celebrate Dad's 60th birthday!  When I woke up and looked out the window the stress of the past week calmed me giving me much enthusiasm.  In fact I was so excited I grabbed my camera, my coat, slipped on my shoes without socks and went out in my PJ's in 4 degree temperature.  I got some awesome pictures and enjoyed much beauty; rather briefly given that it was freezing cold.  However an hour later after I'd gotten myself ready for the day the view was even more spectacular.  The sun was out, the sky was blue, which made the ice crystals produce an absolutely beautiful view; making the cold temperatures almost worth it at least for a few hours.  Rick our weatherman who has been our weatherman since I can remember taught us about the ice crystals on his newscast this evening.  He said that the cold temperatures at night and the lovely inversion that we have been having have come together to create ice crystals.  It isn't snow, ice or frost, they really are ice crystals.  I would have loved to have had time to explore my surroundings and take more pictures, but I had plans for the day and didn't get around to it.  Maybe we will have them again tomorrow and I can explore a little more.  For now just enjoy.  PS.  I've only been blogging now for over 5 years, yet I just now figured out how to enlarge my pictures with a click of a button.
 The difference of 1 hour
PSS. Did you know that if I could choose another career it would be a weather woman.  For reals.  I think our family is addicted to the weather.  We got that way from my dad always watching it, to know if it was going to rain or not and to see if it was going to get in the way of his work.  Of course mom always had to wake him when the weather came on and still does since he typically falls asleep before the news comes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment