Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Most Relaxing Seattle Spring-Like Day

For a few months I've been planning on attending a CME in Seattle.  I've been to this one 2 or 3 times and love it.  It is chalk full of great information.  Thankfully my work is still paying for my CME.
I flew here yesterday morning and will be here for 8 days.  A much needed break indeed!  This afternoon I enjoyed 2 hours in 58 degree's and beautiful sunshine.  It felt like a Spring day; haven't felt this warm since early December.  I walked all over Pike's Market and down the streets of Seattle taking it all in.  I so much enjoyed the vibrant colors of tulips (my favorite flower), fresh fish, fruit and vegetable stands.  Until yesterday, I've never seen purple or yellow carrots.  There were wonderful smelling bakeries, however instead of a pastry, which I know my mother would have bought, I bought 3 champaign mangos which are my favorite and some fresh blueberries.  Actually I take that back I did buy a Nanaimo Bar, a Canadian delicacy.  I've only had a few bites, but it was delicious.  I've actually never seen them for sale, but a lady I worked with in the lab at Mercy made them often, which is where I learned about them.  I bought a very pretty pearl ring which was handmade from sterling silver, with a fresh water pearl.  I also splurged on some amazing blackberry balsamic vinegar.  I'm a huge fan of balsamic vinegar, however the blackberry made this even more appetizing.  I especially enjoyed the beautiful sunset on the water and over the mountains.  It isn't every day one watches the sunset, unless you are driving from Boise to Nampa around 5pm and then it is usually just blinding to the eyes.  The shadows from the sun made for some beautiful pictures.  An amazing, very relaxing day indeed!

This morning I walked the .8 mile to my conference; slightly cool and a bit windy, but no rain and very enjoyable.  We had lectures on lymphadenopathy, pediatrics, dermatology and neurology.  The thing I love about this conference is they feed you lunch.  Today's lunch was super healthy; orzo, salmon, salad and vegetables.  The dessert was a berry treat.  All were delicious, especially the salmon.  It was beautifully presented.  The people I was sitting with all agreed it would be nice to have someone cook us a lunch like that every day.  I missed the last lecture of the day on ENT, because my friends the Jones' picked me up.  I love them.  They looked great with their missionary badges on.  We had ourselves a wonderful visit and dinner at my favorite PANERA BREAD where I had my favorite fugi chicken salad and vegetable pesto soup!  It was so good to see them.  Definitely a hard mission for Sister Jones because she is in the office all day working on the computer and she say's she isn't computer savvy, but give it 9 1/2 more months and I bet she will be.  Elder Jones is in charge of all the housing and is out of the office most of the day.  I wish I would have snapped a picture with them, but I didn't.  It was so good to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment