Friday, January 25, 2013

Last January 2013 FF

1.  We celebrated dads 60th birthday for about 3 days.  Originally we had planned on renting cabins at the ski resort, but with temperatures in single digits we decided to wait on that.  Instead we all went to Tucanos Brazilian Grill for lunch on Saturday.  Of course it was yummy, especially the grilled pineapple.  Sunday each of us girls made a cake and dad made ice cream.  We celebrated with his siblings at Grandpa Youngs.  Even his brother who lives 2 hours away came for the occasion.
2.  I have been disappointed with the dishonesty of my company from the very beginning and expressed this to my boss this week.  For that I lost my job.  Not disappointing in the least bit.  I was counting down the days until my contract was over.  Now I just get to enjoy the worst month of the year for sickness; I've always wanted to have February off!  This time I will take my time in finding the right job.
3.  Tenielle and I spent nearly 2 hours at Grandma Betty's on Sunday.  It was like old times when we were in high school.  She always had a treat for us and some special drink.  We chatted about our future plans and the things going on in our lives.
4.  It was so cold outside this week that our ice cream and ice stayed frozen outside on the porch.  I have never seen -2 on my cars temperature gauge. Betty isn't so sure about this cold.  She has a hard time starting when its so cold and if I don't give her a few minutes before I take off, she chugs along.

5.  My friend had a tumor removed from his kidney last week.  He found out today that it was benign.  I'm so happy for him.  
6.  Wednesday, Tristen, the girls, mom and I went on a spur of the moment to Olive Garden to celebrate having February off!  I haven't been there in ages.  There is something about that pasta e fagoli soup that I love!
7.  I saw Dr. Kaylor this week for my thyroid check up.  He is the best doctor;  I need to be more like him.  My levels are fantastic.  I didn't want to look at the scales because one always thinks they have gained weight.  Nope, the same as always.  I think I'm going to try to lose the 10 pounds that I've wanted to lose for about the past 2 years.  I have time now to go to the gym 2 hours a day, for now anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment