Thursday, January 31, 2013

Relaxing In Seattle

I have needed this week for months.  Me time.  I know sounds selfish but it is actually in all reality there isn't anything selfish about it, it is for my emotional well being.  My last few days of my conference were actually tiring sitting on my behind.  I'm not use to sitting so much.  One of my favorite lectures was the very last one on weight loss.  The instructor said, "To loose weight one must decrease calories, to maintain weight on must exercise."  Interesting, but so true.  When I lived in NC I maintained my weight because I exercised and ate pretty much what I wanted, within reason of course.  Yesterday afternoon my very dear friend Aubrey picked me up.  It has been 4 years since I have seen her, but felt just like yesterday.  Oh, she is such a wonderful friend and I feel so happy when I am in her presence.  We came home and had lunch of a delicious salad and tamale from Trader Joe's. We of course have been chatting nonstop since I arrived.  It is much fun.  I played wee for the first time in my life with Aubrey's boys.  Last night we watched a darling valentines day movie.
This morning we walked the children to school.  She has 4 and they are rather close together.  We then enjoyed a walk down to the Safeway.  There was a slight trickle of rain, but a beautiful morning indeed.  This afternoon we did a little shopping where I bought a delicious apple.  Yep, WA is known for delicious apples.  I've tried to forget that I'm jobless and just enjoy this time, even though I have had several emails and phone calls for jobs.  I could get use to this relaxing lifestyle for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment