Friday, January 18, 2013

A Very Cold Fabulous Friday

1.  I can't begin to tell you how miserably cold it has been here this week or rather the past month.  I am ever so grateful for my dad who keeps our wood fire stoked keeping me nice and warm.  I often enjoy sitting by the fire as I relax in the evenings after work.
2.  Monday night I had some amazing homemade pie made from Tristens co-workers husband who brought it for a dinner that we had in Tristens rather small kitchen.  It was an enjoyable dinner where I met new people.
3.  I got a new coat, well actually mom got it for me with my Talbots credit card.  It is black and white and I love it.  It isn't nearly as warm as my not so fancy every day coat that I found in the closet and which mom almost sent to the DI, but it is a lovely coat.  It has been a few years since I got a new coat and I figured it would get used here.
4.  I am into the mustard yellow with royal blue/purple these days!
5.  I bought my first piece of the Willow Tree nativity set; the wise men.  I got them 50% off.  I figure I'll buy a little at a time and in a few years I'll have the entire nativity.  It doesn't seem that expensive when you buy them little by little.
6.  Yesterday Troy called and thought Beckett had broken his arm so he brought him over to me.  Gratefully within minutes of them being here I had reduced his nursemaids elbow.  So grateful it was such a simple thing.  It was so cute because he totally realized that I helped him and made him feel better and hugged on me for at least 20 minutes after and told me Thank You.  It was so cute.
7.  Tenielle and Tanner just walked in the door for the weekend, so I better wrap things up for this FF!  Now for a weekend of fun and laughter to celebrate dad's big 60!

No comments:

Post a Comment