Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Thin Walls

I'm really about to lay my little head on my pillow to allow my sleepy eyes to rest.  However as I sit here, the man above me is tinkling.  Yes, the walls at my Hampton Inn are quite thin; so thin that it is true I hear the man upstairs tinkling and I have the last several nights.  So disgusting.  I never hear him wash his hands though, yucky.  I hear planes overhead as they take off or maybe they are getting ready to land, but I think they are taking off.  They sound as if they are going to crash right into my hotel room, because they are so close.  I hear the  the man next door open his door and it slams shut.  I hear cars zooming past on the busy road and hear they splash through the puddles on the street.  The night before I left I kept thinking to grab my ear plugs, but I forgot.  The first night I went to the hotel store to buy ear plugs, but chose against it, however all night I wished I had bought them, it was so bad I finally stuck my head phones in, hoping I didn't strangle myself with the cords if I did fall asleep.  I also asked to be moved to a different room because the heater was almost as loud as the planes.  The second night I did have ear plugs, in fact for $2.99 I got 3 pairs, but at the present I can only find 1 1/2, where they disappeared to I have no clue.  So tonight I will wear my last pair and hope to get some zzzz's.  I'm still a fan of the Hampton Inn, but this is just a little to close to the airport for my sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment