Friday, January 11, 2013

Snowy FF

1.  This week has been a very snowy week.  I think it has snowed every day except for Wednesday.  Monday the roads on my way home were very snow covered and slippery, but I safely made my 10 minute trek across town from the clinic to Tristens, where I slept on my lovely leather couch.  The roads were much better Tuesday evening, but yesterday morning they actually canceled school because of the snow and slick roads.  It is a rare occurrence to have school canceled in these parts.  The snow is rather beautiful, but the wind that has come with it is most annoying which makes it even more freezing that it already is.  In Idaho they don't put salt down on the roads to prevent slide offs, just sand, which makes for a horrible mess when the snow melts and really doesn't do the job.  Yes I'm diving while taking this pictures.  See the snow on my car?
2.  Wednesday I was in Vera Bradley Heaven!  There is a store that is liquidating, because they have to move locations.  Vera Bradley never goes on sale unless the print or purse is retired.  Well, because they are liquidating mom and I were able to get purses, accessories and bags for 50-60% off.  I have wanted an Elouise purse for quite a while and I got one!  I love it.  I also found a wallet to match the purse that I got for Christmas.  Vera Bradley is a Southern thing.  People here in the West always ask me what brand my purse is and when I tell them they look at me like who the heck is Vera Bradley
3.  My cousin Alisha had her baby on Sunday; Calvin Scott.  He is so cute.  I met him for the first time on Wednesday, so did Aidree.  She loves babies.  (I can't seem to get this to not be the caption, so ignore the box around it.)
4.  We are loving our new Vitamix and all of the fun concoctions that we are coming up with.  Yesterday I blended nearly an entire Costco bag of spinach and froze them in ice cube trays.  One can't possibly eat a bag of spinach before it goes bad.  So we blend it up and put a few cubes in each time we want a spinach or healthy fruit smoothy.  
5.  Mom and I watched Pride and Prejudice half one night and half the other.  It has been years since I've watched it.  I think I love it even more each time I watch it.  I hope one day I can say the words that Jane says, "Yes, a thousand times Yes!"
6.  I had my hair cut yesterday.  It has been 9 months since I visited my lovely hair dresser.  It is so relaxing for me to have my hair done.  I think I want to eventually donate to locks of love, so I didn't cute much off.
7.  Wednesday I spent 4 hours chatting and planning our year of RS activities; I couldn't believe that we spent 4 hours doing so.  I actually had to do a double take when I got in my car and saw the time.  I'm so excited for our upcoming activities.  They are going to be such fun.  I even have the first poster done and ready to start advertising our first activity for the year Care of Being Cruise.  
8.  I finished reading Richard Paul Evans new book Winters Dream on Sunday.  I loved it. 
9.  I am now registered, with plane tickets and hotel reservations for my CME to Seattle the end of the month.  I'm so excited for a vacation of sorts, which I really need, even though it isn't to any where warm.  I have been to this conference twice before and really enjoyed it.  I am excited to see Elder and Sister Jones given they are serving a mission there and my dear friend Aubrey, whom I'll spend a few days with at the end of the conference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment