Friday, November 22, 2013

Fabulous Friday Guest Blogger cutelittleaandb.blogspot.com AKA The Adorable Younger Sister!

Tristen from cutelittleaandb.blogspot.com has so graciously agreed to be a guest blogger on today's Fabulous Friday.  So far it has been a fabulous Friday, complete with a play date for some of Terah's cutest nieces, a Christmas craft and new friends.
I'll never forget the beginning of this journey.  Terah is normally fearless, but the day she was to go in for all of her scans and MRI's she was a little scared.  I tried to reassure her, through a hug and encouraging words, that it was probably nothing and that she would be fine.  I think we both knew better.  When the diagnosis was given, I still remember thinking people survive cancer all of the time right, if anyone can Terah can?  The day she was to go in for surgery my husband informed me that he had an awesome opportunity through his work in Utah and what did I think about moving there.  We were at Costco having lunch with our girls and between this big news and Terah's cancer, the tears wouldn't stop coming.  I went to the hospital that night to wait while the surgeons performed their magic.  It was very hard to contain my emotions, but I tried.  We were so glad with the promising news that they issued at the conclusion.  That night I just remember going home laying next to my husband and sobbing, the thought of that troubling time still brings tears to my eyes.(Thanks for asking me to blog about this Terah)!  He asked what he could do to help and I had no answer so I just got love pats on the back!  It was not fun to see the things that Terah had to go through in the hospital and the effects of the chemo, we all wished that we could take all of the pain away.  After we moved I felt helpless as I couldn't physically be there for her.  I feel so grateful for all of the people who volunteered their time to take her to appointments or who simply came for a visit.  This journey has been a good learning experience for all of us and especially my girls.  They pray nightly that Terah will get better and that she will get her hair back!  They are learning the power of prayer and that our Heavenly Father does answer them.  I hope we never have to go through this again though I believe it has taught us all a great deal.  Yeah for remission and the hope that it continues for years to come.  As Terah often does I thought I would share a recipe.  Food is one of my favorite things especially this yummy S'mores pie!

S'mores Pie

1 1/ 2 to 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter
8 oz. chocolate either milk or semisweet, or mixed
1 cup heavy cream
1 egg
pinch salt
enough marshmallows to cover the top of the pie

For the crust melt butter, pulse graham crackers in blender till fine, mix with the butter.  It should resemble wet sand. Press firmly into a pie pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 mins.

For the pie part pour cream and chocolate in a microwavable safe  bowl. Microwave in 30 sec. intervals whisking until the chocolate mixture is melted. Mix in the egg and pinch of salt, pour into the crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until pie is set  but slightly wobbly in the center.  Remove from oven and add marshmallows to the top of the pie, turn on the broiler and watching carefully toast the mallows. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Tristen, You are a wonderful caring sister thank you for your blog!! Terah loves you so much and of coarse your beautiful girls give her so much joy!!

    ReplyDelete