Thursday, November 7, 2013

Show Me Love

Earlier this week I was talking with someone about the phrase "I Love You."  I have verbally expressed that phrase to only 3 men in my life.  To me that is one of the strongest phrase's in the English language and not to be used lightly.  To tell you the truth using that phrase scares me to death, because to me it means I've given a special place in my heart for a special person who will always take that place in my heart.  Using that phrase makes me vulnerable to my feelings, something I have always been afraid of, because lets face it, once you put your heart out there on the table there is always a potential of your heart being broken; something none of us ever want to experience.

The person I was talking to taught me something.  They said, "There is more to saying I love you, you must show it to really mean it."  Isn't that true?  In a romantic love (because that is what we are talking about), I agree if you tell me you love me, show me, make me see that you really love me, visit me, make time for me, call me in the middle of the afternoon, make me feel like I'm the most special person in your life.

I know the people in my life who truly love me because they show me by their actions.  Since being diagnosed with cancer I have had so many people tell me and show me that they love me.  I have never ever felt so loved as I have over the past 5 1/2 months.  People have showed me love by their many cards, letters, phone calls, gifts and visits.

This week my aunt showed me her love by making me 4 hats without me even asking her to do so.  It meant so much to me for her to do this for me.

So where am I going with this...I'm not sure, except to say if you truly love someone...SHOW IT!

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog because it is sooooo true and it made me think and ponder how I was doing in that area and I must say I have some work to do!! Carol is one of the most loving people I know!! We have all learned a lot about love these past 5 months!!

    ReplyDelete