Friday, January 3, 2014

Time

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us." Tolkien

I love this quote!  It reminds me that I have work to do, so much of it!  It makes me realize that I waste a lot of time on things that are not important (in some people's eyes), however I once heard that if you waste time on unimportant things that are enjoyable to you, then it isn't wasted time.  Like when I go to pilates which I will do in the morning, or when I spend hours reading a Nicholas Sparks book, or when I facebook stalk (we all do it), or do some pinning, or when I watch the lastest Katie show or football games or lay out in the sun.  That time maybe wasted in someone else's eyes like my mothers, but in my eyes  it is enjoyable and so I will continue to enjoy all the time I am given!  I will however work on doing more important things like organizing my clothes that are in 3 different rooms into bins that will go into my storage unit in the next few weeks.  I am going to work on "The Book" (Each year we do a shutterfly book of pictures from the past year and I didn't even start it in 2013).  I'm going to continue researching ovarian cancer and make a power point presentation.  I hope to spend lots of time with my nieces and nephews, because we all know that is time that is never wasted.  And maybe, just maybe I'll spend some time helping my mother clean out closest's because that is important to her.  Time:  What a wonderful thing you are.  I hope I am given lots more time to do all the important and unimportant things!

1 comment:

  1. How true, time is such a gift and we shouldn't feel guilty if we feel like reading for fun or just enjoying something!! I love both the important and the just for me time!! Love Aunt L

    ReplyDelete