Saturday, December 28, 2013

Saying Goodbye To Grandpa S

Thursday was the viewing for Grandpa Swensen and Friday was the Funeral.  It was all very nice.  I don't know why but I didn't cry.  I think it is because I watched him deteriorate and know he is in a better place.  We made the most awesome flower arrangement in one of Grandpa's boots.  I had the great opportunity to play the piano and the organ for the funeral, which was Grandpa's request.  He use to stand at the top of the stairs and watch me play the piano.  I felt he was there listening as I was playing.  When they brought the casket in Tenielle played the fiddle and I played the piano to A Poor Wayfaring Man Of Grief, which was one of Grandpa's favorite songs that I use to play for him.  My mom gave the life sketch, her sister gave a tribute, the grandchildren sang, I Am A Child Of God, Tyler and Troy gave grandchildren's memories, grandpa's brother spoke and grandpa's home teacher and friend Ted spoke, our friend Sylvia sang Going Home.  It was a beautiful funeral and a wonderful tribute.  It was foggy and a very cold 18 degree's, so we didn't stay very long at the cemetery.  The ward brought us breakfast and had a delicious Italian lunch after the service.  All in all it was a good day, even though it would have been nice if there would have been some sun.

1 comment:

  1. The funeral sounds so beautiful, I'm sure he was there and very thankful!!! I love the family pictures!!

    ReplyDelete