1. I have taken full advantage of my week off of chemo and packed everything I could into this week. It has been a great week! My favorite part of the week was picking my friend Lauren up from the airport. She has been here since Wednesday! I love it when my friends have great husbands that tell their wives it's okay to leave for a few days to visit their friend who has cancer and not to worry because they will take care of their 4 boys. I'm continually on the hunt for that kind of husband...
2. Sunday evening I had a friend leave her family for 3 hours just to come visit me. It was so nice to sit and visit and get to know her better.
3. Tuesday Alisha, Tristen, and Des brought their kids over to swim. I got in too! I love the sun beating down on me, but since chemo I can only stay out about an hour before I get too hot. The kids ate 4 pounds of grapes, lots of salsa and goldfish of course the adults had a little too! I'm totally into homemade salsa these days with the fresh tomato's growing in our garden!
4. Wednesday we went through all the boxes we had brought home from the storage unit. It feels good to have gotten rid of several things that should have been thrown out 21 months ago!
5. It was so fun to sit out in the Sunroom and visit with Lauren late into the evening when she arrived. Oh, the joys of friendships and catching up! It's so real to have her here! You know your true friends when you can sit and chat for hours without running out of things to talk about!
8. Today we went to Deseret Book, took in a session at the temple, where we met Tenielle who drove in from SLC this morning, introduced Lauren to Cafe' Rio and Uswirl, got fabric from Hobby Lobby, made dresses and skirts and talked ALOT! I would say this was almost as close to the perfect day as any!