Friday, August 30, 2013

Half Way Fabulous Friday

1.  This week I made it to my half way mark of chemo therapy.  It is all down hill from here!  I have done unimaginally well through the first half and suspect I'll do even better with the last half.  I often think what will happen when I'm finished with treatment.  I hope I will just pick up where I left off the day I was given this diagnosis and move on with my life a better person!
2.  One of the days after chemo last week, I wasn't feeling well.  But Aidree and Bridget helped out with their hugs.  I sure miss these girls.  They moved to SLC on Sunday.  Good thing we only have to drive 5 hours to see them.  I'm pretty sure we will have to make more frequent trips to SLC now.
3.  I got a necklace in the mail (which I ordered for myself) with the greatest saying.  I wear it all the time.  It say's, "She believed she could, so she did...Definitely my theme these days!
4.  The Saturday after my 2 per week treatments are always full of sleeping, resting, laying around in my pj's and doing much of nothing.  However I really hoped and prayed I'd have a little more energy than most days this past Saturday.  The morning wasn't any different than previous ones, except Tenielle made her famous PB Rice Krispie Treats!
However, when Tanner came home and announced that the boys were coming over to shave their heads I suddenly had a burst of energy.  We had talked the previous weekend that it wasn't going to take place until everyone was home, because Tony didn't come home for the weekend, but they were ready to do it now.  It was pretty awesome shaving my brothers heads knowing they were doing it just to support ME!  Troy said that someone in EQ teased him about his bald head and he raised his fist at him and said, "My sister has cancer."  Shut the guy right up.  I thought it was funny!
Before, hope it grows back!
I love the looks on our faces in this picture!
Amazing how we all look so much alike with bald heads.
Showing our Terah's Army wrist bands.
5.  It was such a humbling moment walking in to my Grandpa's 88th birthday party.  I don't think people expected me to be there, especially Grandpa.  Grandpa started crying and so did I when he saw me and everyone went quite.  It was such a tender moment for all of us.  
It was fun to see my cousins and Aunt Leslie and 2 of her daughters Amy and Lisa came for the celebration from Phoenix.  What a fun evening it was.  
Grandpa with his five sons.
Grandpa with me, my sisters and sister-in-laws.
Me and Cousin Alisha
Cousins Michelle and Katy
6.  It is the start of FOOTBALL SEASON!  By far one of my most favorite seasons of all time.  I went to my first football game of the season this week.  I watched my 8th grade cousin Davis play in his first game of the season.  Football makes me so happy; just hearing the sound of a football game makes me smile! Of course BSU football is the best to watch!
7.  We have a new Thai restaurant in town which we tried this week.  It was absolutely delicious!  We have never had a Thai restaurant like this in town.  I'm sure we will frequent it often.
8.  Yesterday was Grandpa Randy and Grandma Betty's 65th Wedding Anniversary!  I will never experience such an accomplishment, but am so proud of them, their love, examples, and how they show that it can be done.  We had a lovely dinner and a delicious cake to celebrate!
9.  I love Snow Cones!  I crave them.  I'm sad this is their last week open.  The past few weeks they have been buy 1 get one free after 7, so we have frequented them often, including a few times this week, once with the grandkids too!
10.  We traveled to SLC today to see the kids!  This is the first Labor Day Weekend that I haven't worked in years and I am so excited to have it off.  Of course it would be nice if it wasn't under these circumstances.  Stella got to come with us because her parents went hunting.  So exciting that Stella, Aidree and Bridget are having their first girl cousin's slumber party.  Nothing is better than the relationship with girl cousin's and the many sleepovers that make for strong, fun relationships!

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture of you and Grandpa when he got so emotional. I wish I could have been there. We still continue to fast and pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great seeing you this past week, you look so good and have a wonderful attitude AND I was happy to see you haven't lost your spunk!!! I love that about you!!! I am a counselor in primary, today was my day for Sharing time, it was on service. I talked about you, showed them your picture and our bracelets and many wanted to pray for you they were so sweet!!So concerned!! Love ya Aunt Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, there's an end to Snocone season?! There are those of us that would need them all yr. ;) I think this looks like your busiest FF yet, wish I could skip back & forth there!! <3 ps. Tell Alisha her hair still looks great & if she ever needs a sitter for baby C, she knows where I am....just send him on a plane for me :))

    ReplyDelete