2. I'm in love with Honey Crisp Apples. I'm eating at least 1 or 2 a day. I love how crisp and sweet they are. I bought a box of bruised apples for $6 (gala and some other kind) and have been drying batches since last night. I think I'm just about ready for a carmel apple; add a little fat and calories to my nutritious apple. I'm sure craving those carmel apple sugar babies or suckers and I don't even like apple candy.
|Remember this...last year we picked apples at my friends orchard; and I had hair!|
4. I'm in love with my cute patent leather dansko's that mom got me last season on clearance for $25. They are coming in handy now that my toes are cold when I wear my flip flops.
6. I'm in love with some new crocheted hats that I got from the accessory room at the cancer center this week. They will keep my little noggin warm for the coming months. I'm especially grateful for my follow up visit with my GYN Oncologist Dr. C who is fabulous and spent a good 30 minutes just chatting with us. I asked her at the end of my visit if she would say that I am in remission and she said, "Yes, very likely given my CA 125 is 13!!!!" Of course I still have one more round of chemo (3 treatments) left; Oct. 22, 23, 29 and I will have to have a CT scan in about a month to make sure there isn't anything growing in the abdomen/pelvis. I also have my reversal of Hank my ileostomy scheduled for Dec. 13 (was Dec. 6 but I need a vacation before hand).
7. I'm in love with the colors of the leaves that are changing around town, how it makes me so happy and relaxed! I love when the leaves fall from our awesome tree out front. I've patiently been waiting for them to fall all week, but I'm afraid they aren't quite ready to fall. Last year they looked like this:
|My sister Tristen acting like a witch.|
|Bridget looks so young here.|
9. I'm in love with Southwest Airlines because they had an awesome sale this week. I admit my frequent flier miles are all about Delta, but when it comes to a round trip flight from the West Coast to North Carolina for $318 instead of $500 I'll switch airlines. I'm happy to report I'll be in Charlotte Dec 3 (late as in 11:55) until Dec. 11! I can't wait to see my Charlotte Army and to celebrate conquering cancer!
10. I'm in love with my cold insulated water bottle that Tenielle brought me a few weeks ago. It keeps my water with Doterra lime drops cold all day and gets me to drink all the water I need in a day.
11. I'm in love with Harry Potter's accent! I've never watched all of the movies, so over the past 3 months we have had a Harry Potter Marathon and finally finished them this week. Mom loves Harry Potter. It was fun watching it with her.
12. I'm in love with General Conference. So many good quotes that I will have to save them for their own post, however I have to leave you with my favorite that applies so much to my life and the past 4 months from President Monson,"The difficulties which come to us present us with the real test of our ability to endure. A fundamental question remains to be answered by each of us: Shall I falter or shall I finish? Whenever we are inclined to feel burdened down with the blows of life, let us remember that others have passed the same way, have endured and then have overcome."