Monday, December 13, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside

I know winter is suppose to be about cold, but really a high of 33 and a low of 12 is just too cold for me. And snow flakes in December in North Carolina really? My blood runs warm now that I live in NC. But I often wonder of the Christ child. Was it cold that night? We have wonderful homes to keep us warm, but He was born in a stable, where I'm sure there was some kind of cold breeze. The other day I was at my local Aldis. There were two coats size 3T. I bought them, not because I have anyone to give them too, but the thought came to me that two little 3 year olds need a coat. So I will take them to my local shelter or where ever I can find a place to donate the coats. It is such a great feeling to be able to help someone else. I am grateful that I have the means to be able to do this. When I was growing up my parents always willingly gave envelopes of cash to those in need, not just at Christmas but at other times of the year. What a great lesson it was to me. As I have been able to do this myself, I have developed the real reason for the season. I have no gifts under my tree. I really don't have many to buy for. And I have come to the conclusion as I have become very aware that it just doesn't look right to not have gifts under the tree that that is just fine, because it means that those gifts belong under someone else's tree. I don't need anything. The joy I receive from serving others is a gift in and of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment