Monday, December 6, 2010

The Star

Tonight on my way home from work I saw something bright in the sky or rather up ahead of where I was driving. I'm not quite sure what it was, but it got me thinking about the star that the wise men saw the night our Savior was born. How did they know that it was a different star? Was it brighter, bigger, positioned differently? How long was it in the sky after the Saviors birth? Did Mary and Joseph notice it too? Did others notice it? I love Helaman 14:5-6 "And behold, there shall a new star arise, such an one as ye never have behold...and behold this is not all, there shall be many signs and wonders in heaven." What were the signs and wonders? Did the shepherds also see the star, even though angels came to them? So tonight in 28 degree's and a windchill of who knows what, I had this discussion with my neighbor as we barely walked because our legs weren't moving very fast. The sky was so clear and the stars radiated from the sky. I shared with her the quote that I posted on Oct. 24 about the star. It really is something to think about that Heavenly Father knew that star had to be positioned in orbit a certain amount of years before the Saviors birth. He is all knowing and that is why he has the answers to the questions that I wonder about...

No comments:

Post a Comment