Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ward Christmas Party

For the past 5 years I have worked every evening that my ward had their Christmas Party, except THIS YEAR! I was so excited to attend the big event that was so beautifully decorated by my friends Sharon and Shelly and put on by my friend Vickie and her committee. They did an amazing job. The theme this year was Christmas Traditions. It made me think of the years we would attend the Nampa 10th ward Christmas party. I remember it usually snowed most years, but everyone attended, because it was just what we did as a ward. There was always a nice dinner, program, and then of course we would have a visit from Santa. The primary children always got a brown paper bag with peanuts, an orange, and old fashion Christmas candy. It was one of the things that I always looked forward to. I half expected him to come with his brown paper bags again this year, and I left a little disappointed that he wasn't there. After all this isn't why we celebrate the season, but it is part of the enjoyment of it.

1 comment:

  1. It was fun to sit with you - last nite at the party and again today at church! =)

    ReplyDelete