Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

I really had planned on writing each day of the month, but unfortunately I got the dreaded stomach bug. It was really bad. I don't think I have been so sick for ever. In fact I haven't thrown up since Oct. 2005. Yep, this was my lucky week. In fact the day I had my head hanging over the toilet I had to close on my refinance and almost passed out at the bank before vomiting there. Yea, it was quite the experience. Needless to say, I am finally feeling better. My stomach is still a little uneasy about food, but at least my body isn't aching all over. I was so sick I actually went to the Dr. and had a blessing, something I never do. My Dr. actually has never seen me ill and commented on it.

Back to Christmas...I actually felt like I missed a few days of Christmas preparation because of my illness. Therefore my neighbors and friends will not all be getting the famous peanut clusters, because I had a few more batches to finish and distribute. Some years you get them done, others you don't. At least I got my cards out this year, well most of them. So I am on for Christmas, which means I work Dec. 23-26. I actually quite enjoy working the holiday. It really is what the holiday is about. Serving Others. Today wasn't that bad thank goodness. I spent the evening at the Beachums which is always enjoyable. I then came home and read the Christmas Story. I have actually read it several times this month. However even before I started reading it tonight I had this over whelming feeling of the spirit that testified to me of the Christmas story. It is really a humbling story and one that I really truly believe. How grateful I am for Mary and her righteousness. I can't imagine what she must have felt knowing that she was carrying the Savior of the World. We do know that she "treasured it all in her heart."

I sure miss the Young Christmas Eve Celebration. I haven't been for two years now. But it's okay. I will be home soon! I did however get a card from Grandma and Grandpa Young today with a $5 gift certificate from Mcdonalds. So sweet. They give all 50 grandchildren one, never fails. I do miss the acting out of the Christmas Story by the grandchildren. Well now it is the great grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment