Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Devotional

The first Sunday of December is a day that I always look forward to, because it is the day that we get to hear the testimonies of our Saviors birth from the First Presidency and music from the Tabernacle Choir. I love seeing the lights on temple square and more than anything love singing the Christmas hymns with the choir and congregation. They use to have a whole lot of singing, which I have noticed they have cut out the last several years. I have missed this part over the past several years as we have watched this in our homes rather than attended at our Stake Centers with the rest of our stake members. Last year however, I was able to take part in this at a ward house after a Christmas Nativity. It was a great day! As a kid I remember this was always a very cold day, but as a family we would bundle up and head to the Stake Center to attend the annual Christmas Devotional. I loved listening to my mothers lovely alto voice as she would sing the Christmas hymns. When I was in graduate school I had a few opportunities to attend in person this great devotional. It was even a more amazing opportunity to be there in person to be there in the presence of the Prophet of the Lord. Afterwards we were able to walk through temple square to see the beautiful lights. This year I actually got 6 tickets for it, but since I was unable to attend Tenielle gave them to friends who had never attended. "Any act of kindness, is an act to Him." President Eyring. "Let it be a time of prayers for peace, let it be a time for forgetting self and remembering others, let it be a time for forgiving, let it be a time to remember the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ." President Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment