Monday, September 30, 2013

October 1 Tomorrow!

You have no idea how much I love October!!!  I think I would have to say October is my most favorite month out of all 12!  I love to wear fall; jeans, sweaters, and flip flops (ok I'll wear my dansko's), smell fall; pumpkin, crisp air, cinnamon, apple's, hearing fall; the crunch of leaves, kids saying trick-or-treat, Christmas music (yes, Fall and Christmas music go together in my eyes) and tasting fall; anything pumpkin, apple, Halloween candy, and soups!  Yes, it is going to be a great month indeed, even though I will have 6 chemo treatments this month starting tomorrow.  I know chemo won't disturb me from enjoying this month!  And by the end of this month I will be finished with chemo!!!  The one week I don't have chemo this month I will be spending the entire week in SLC.  I can hardly wait, because I will be meeting up with friends from PA school; some of whom I haven't seen in over 9 years.  This morning we woke to rain, but now we have sunshine; one of the best things about living in Idaho, we can usually count on the sun to come out at some point of the day.  October to me starts soup month!  So tonight for dinner we will have French Onion Soup which is cooking in the crockpot and pair it with Turkey Rueben Sandwiches.  You should smell our house, it smells great; mixture of cinnamon pumpkin spice and onions.  For breakfast I had a honey crisp deliciously crunchy apple and for lunch pumpkin chocolate chip bread, yes I'm definitely enjoying the last day of September and looking forward to the first day of October!  Too bad there aren't any leaves on the ground, if there were I'd rake them up and jump in them!  Enjoy Fall Y'all.

2 comments:

  1. I love your enthusiasm! It's contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute, you love life and appreciate even the smallest things!! Everything you mentioned except onions I also love!! Autumn, so wonderful!! Love A Leslie

    ReplyDelete