Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pork Chili Verde

Remember when I posted in May about the Pork Chili Verde that I had in Phoenix which was absolutely to die for? Well I had craved it after surgery when I got my appetite back.  I found a recipe and of course changed it for my liking.  This has become a favorite dinner for our family.  My dad is always hard to please when it comes to food, but he often requests this.  Glad to have found something that isn't chick food.  Hope you enjoy this too.  Trust me you won't be disappointed in the taste or the simplicity of this recipe.  This is kind of like a soup, so don't be surprised that it isn't thick.  (You could probably leave out the chicken broth and it would be thicker).

2 lbs. pork shoulder or pork roast cut into cubes and just browned (not cooked through) in a frying pan then add to crock pot.
In a crock pot add
1 medium red onion diced
1 medium green bell pepper diced
1 medium poblano pepper diced (wal-mart has these in the produce section in a basket with a sign that says poblano peppers).  Last time I didn't have any poblano peppers so I just used different ones from the garden.
2 garlic cloves
1 jar salsa verde (mild)  We did medium once and it was too spicy for me.
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp. chili powder
Salt and pepper
2 TBSP brown sugar
Cook for 4-8 hours in the crock pot.   Just before you are ready to eat make some rice.
In a bowl combine a scoop or so of pork chili verde, top with rice, cheese, sour cream, salsa and chips!

2 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for this ever since you fed me some!! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try it!! Thanks for the receipe!

    ReplyDelete