Sunday, September 29, 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons

For Relief Society this past Thursday we had a program entitled When Life Gives You Lemons Make Sweet Lemonade.  I had originally had it planned for June 13, but since I was in the the hospital then they decided to postpone it since I was in charge of it.  It was all delegated out so they could have had it without me, but I'm glad they didn't.  Everyone brought a lemon dish to share and after some visiting we made our way to the RS room where we played a game that asked different questions about lemons.  We learned a lot about lemons.  I then talked about my experience over the past 4 months and how I've tried to turn a sour experience into a sweet one.  We then had another sister speak about this topic and she talked about how this life is a test and if we weren't tried and tested it wouldn't be a test.  She also talked about her experience with her husband who fell from a building when they had a young family and how they have coped with him being a quadriplegic.  It was a wonderful evening and so enjoyable.  I made lavender, peach and strawberry lemonade which all turned out so yummy.  I especially loved the peach lemonade.  Each sister got a handout that had different quotes about the atonement, being positive and going through challenges.
Peach Lemonade
Ingredients:
4 cups water
2 cups coarsely chopped peaches
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup lemon juice (about 4 to 6 lemons)
1 peach, cut into wedges
Mint for garnishment

Preparation:
In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine the first 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 3 minutes.  Let sit for at least 20 minutes on low.  Place all ingredients in a blender. Puree until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
When ready to serve,  stir in lemon juice.

1 comment:

  1. You sure have made lemonade out of lemons these last four months!! Those ladies will never look lemons quite the same way after such a spiritual and uplifting meeting!! Wish I could have been there!! Love aunt leslie

    ReplyDelete